Powder brows, or ombré powder brows, is treatment that uses a special shading technique for achieving a natural looking eyebrow with a powder effect. It uses a combination of dots and shading to fill in the brows. making them look thicker and more symmetrical. The result is powdery brows that'll give your face a make up look.
Since the procedure involves inserting tiny dots of pigment gradually into the skin, making sure their are no harsh edges but a soft and smooth shading effect, your brows will be a bit swollen and too dark immediately after the appointment.
The healing process takes about 14-20 days, during which you need to be extra careful about your brows.
Heres what you can expect during the healing process:
Your brows are too dark and they look like a block of pigment, also redness is present and they might be swollen. You might not be satisfied, but be prepared for this.
The first thing you will notice is scabbing. After the appointment scabs peel off in one big or a few big pieces.
This period is the most difficult to overcome, scabs falling off, leaving your brows in patches.
Your brows are itchy but under no circumstances should you scratch or touch them. Carry on with the aftercare and be patient.
Your brows look too light and you must think that the whole process has been unsuccessful. Scabs are not that common anymore. The healing process is almost over.
Your brows are coming back! They are taking their final shape and look much better. However, they might still look a little bit uneven. Now that your brows are healed its time to book touch up appointment to correct any possible patches and flaws.
There are various factors that affect the speed and pace of the healing process:
- Skin type-certain skin types heals faster and the pigment sets in perfectly.
- Age, diet, smoking slows down the healing process.
- Physical activity-if you sweat a lot, it will negatively affect the healing process.
- Exposure to sunlight, avoid direct sun exposure.
Powder brows aftercare can determine the success of the treatment. You must religiously follow the instructions given.
- For the first 24hrs, lymph fluids (bodily discharge) may surface on the brow. If that should happen, take a clean/dry tissue and dab gently over the brow.
- For the first 72hrs, avoid any contact with water on your brows. If slight crust dries on the pigment surface, do not force removal by picking or scratching. You can remove pigment along with the dry flakes and create scarring and pigment loss.
- On the Third day apply a very thin coat of the ointment provided or (aquaphor or A&D) 2-3 times a day when needed(when feels dry) for 7-10 days, or untill you are done peeling. Stop ointment after peeling has completed.
- Sleep on your back to avoid pressure on your brows.
- Do not apply makeup over healing areas until area has fully healed(14 days recommended).
- Avoid excessive sweating, exercise, sun tannings beds, saunas, and swimming pools or jacuzzis, the ocean, or recreational bodies of water.
- Avoid facials for 6 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not use products containing AHA'S, glycolic, lactic acids, or retin A products will fade the pigment.
A 30% deposit is required to book and hold your spot. Deposits are nonrefundable and will be applied to your total service cost.
(Any coverup of previous work with any correction needed is an additional $50).
Pain level minimal to none, topical anesthetic applied. Cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Healing time is 7-14 days, results vary depending on skin type, brow hair, lifestyle, and aftercare. Brows will peel about 40-50% lighter, and can last up to 3 years.
Appointment after initial session. Must be booked 4-8 weeks after first appointment. If further out, pricing may vary.
If you have previous work pricing may vary.